The designer needs to make use of accurate knowledge of the subsoil, its stratigraphy and its physical-mechanical parameters in order to be able to dimension the works to be built, from the building, to the road or to the landfill, to the works of settling a landslide.
The geological and geotechnical investigations on site are of great importance, from geognostic surveys to penetrometric tests that allow to accurately detect the stratigraphy of the subsoil and provide data directed to the customer and by taking samples to determine in the laboratory the physical-mechanical characteristics.
Numerous other tests can be performed, from load tests on foundation plates or poles, to volumetric tests, borehole installations, permeability tests, and many others.
The SOCOTEC Italia professional staff, in addition to the possibility of planning the interventions, on the basis of site and laboratory data, is professionally able to provide you with any type of technical, geotechnical, geological, hydrogeological, environmental report, according to the regulations in force, to interpret the data in order to meet your needs.
SOCOTEC Italia is therefore able to provide its customers with a complete series of interventions, from the construction site to the laboratory to the professional part, for an integrated quality service.
The main activities we carry out in the field of geotechnical investigations are:
- Static penetrometry with mechanical tip.
- Dynamic penetrations.
- Static penetrometry with piezocone
- Dissipation test
- Local Seismic Response Report with return of the elastic response spectrum calculated by a third-level analysis, excluding the tests and investigations necessary to derive the geotechnical and seismic parameters for modelling
CONTINUOUS CORE OR NUCLEUS DESTRUCTION GEOGNOSTIC DRILLINGS
- Continuous core drillings in soil and rocks
- SHELBY-type undisturbed samples
- OSTERBERG-type undisturbed sampling
- S.P.T. Test in the drilling hole
EQUIPMENT FOR HOLES AND TESTS IN HOLE
- Supply and installation of NORTON-type open PVC piezometers with draining surface
- Supply and installation of Casagrande piezometers
- Lefranc permeability test
- Supply and installation of aluminium inclinometer pipe
- Menard-type walk-around test in soft terrain and / or rocks
- Vane Test in drilling hole
- Collection of underground water samples with submersible electric pump
- Execution of exploratory cockpit with stratigraphy and photographic recording
- Supply and installation of plate-type settlements
- Monitoring with plate-like measures
GEOTECHNICAL TESTS ON THE SITE
- Load test with plate.
- Load test with dynamic plate
- CBR on site
- Density on site
- Vibration analysis for checking the length and integrity of the foundation pile (eco-metric tests).
- Load test with plate
- Determination of the Reaction Module "K"
- Load test on instrumented poles
- BAT tests